Sunday, May 30, 2021

You are the Melody That Surrounds You

 

 

 

This is a painting I did for my granddaughter, PJ, for her 'big girl's" bedroom.  She turned 13 and time to put away her older stuffies and little girl stuff.  Her mother made her a beautiful bedroom using an old wood kitchen table top for a headboard and it fits the theme of the house that has barn door slides for doors of her closet.  She is a little bit country tomboy and beginning to like to wear dresses and look a bit 'girlie'.  She loves country music and is learning to play the guitar.  So, I did this painting on a 24" x 30" canvas.  It is such a delight to see her becoming the woman she will eventually be.


I am making memories with my grandchildren.  I have the kid's messenger and zoom and I find ways to connect with those that live in different provinces, and in the USA.  

She keeps me young.  I am hoping to live long enough to see her become a real mother to someone more than her gorilla baby named Annabelle.  



No comments:

Post a Comment