Thursday, May 6, 2021

Grunge Me Up

 

 


“I’ve got lights you’ve never seen.” – author unknown

This Grunge page started with a wiped brush and smeared leftover paint piece of sketch paper.  


 

I used gesso with Mod Podge on to a piece of some kind of component for a something technological.  While it was drying, I moved on to the page.

 

I drew a portrait on the page with a sharpie.  I added a square piece of black paper with a bit of writing and drawings.

 

I took the dried component and, when it was dry, and painted over some clear gesso to give me some tooth to carry on with the component. 

I knew where I was going with this as the quote I posted above came first for this page.

I glued the component down on my page and then I did a base coat on it with a medium yellow acrylic.  I, then, used gold liquid acrylics and allowed some drippage down the page.  I let that dry thoroughly.

No matter how hard others may try to blow out your light... you never lose that light.  Yes, it might dim when sadness, grief, trouble, visits, but it will flare again.  I know that I have a steady glow while I am creating... it is like a comfortable full moon night. 

Every day, something happens that causes my light to flare… is the light love?  Is the light spirit?  It may be both, but it is a comfort when the soul is alight. 

What would you call that light, that fire, within?

©Carol Desjarlais 5.6.21

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment