Thursday, May 20, 2021

Grunge – Less is More

 

 


I was so frustrated after yesterday’s steampunk debacle, that I needed to work harder at figuring out the difference between grunge and steampunk and I haven’t gotten there yet.  Sometimes I felt like I ha it.  Then I didn’t.

I decided to go with something disturbing.  I decided maybe grunge is something that has something disturbing about it.  

I painted one half of the page white, the lower half black.  I flicked color over the top.  I pressed Scott Towel on to the gray I painted on the bottom.

I used the moon circle that I made for an earlier art page.  I almost put it top and bottom, then I remembered the Tim Holtz paper dolls.  Some of them are a bit eerie. 

 


Is grunge something eerie?  I kept things to a minimum for this page and I think it worked better than any of the others I did.  I do know it happened fast when it happened.

©Carol Desjarlais 5.20.21

No comments:

Post a Comment