Friday, May 21, 2021

Steampunk – I Wear My Sunglasses

 

 


 

You know those little plastic glass frames they give you when you have your eyes tested and they put dilate stuff in your eyes?  Well, happens The Bee Man Got some.  Happens they are just sitting there on his desk shelf waiting for me to recycle them into... yes, you got it... a Steampunk page. 

I painted a purple background.  I am going to be using the four main colors of steampunk:  a Purple a Green, a Blue, and a Burnt Sienna.  I am going to make a card for self that says the colors and then I can choose something from that family so that I remember.

 


HINT: (really it should say, “note to self”) Steampunk should have something industrial in it.  It should have something that represents wood or metal.  For instance, ‘gears’ which I have a load of; rivets, metal eyelets, cogs.  It should have a word(s) or a number(s)It could have something glass, something antique, and, or, something leather.  I find myself searching our place for metal things, searching magazines for something old and technological and a friend has given me something that I can draw on to get some of these things.  I still like the cinnamon rust idea and will sue that again and again.

I think I am getting closer to steampunk now.  Too bad it has taken me nearly a month to get it.  

Can you share your steampunk with us to inspire us?

©Carol Desjarlais 5.21.21

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love ❤️ this. My husband is a steam punk fan and wants me to do his shop garage doors in steam punk art. I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ maybe. This information will help though.

    ReplyDelete