Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Steampunk: Tone It down, Bring It Back

 

 


 

“Steampunk is an eclectic world of cogs and rivets.  It is airships, goggles and steam.  It is romance.  It is traveling on clouds and diving beneath rugged waves.  It is adventure.” – Aether Emporium

I started with the background and put on the main picture I wanted on the page.  It is the opening statement, as it were.  Then I found three smaller clips that I could use and tore their edges and glued them down.  

 


The I did a white was where I painted everything white and wiped down with a Wet One.  This left me a canvas to work on.

 


 

Now I needed some stenciling in a darker color.  I am trying to distort the colors of the original background.  I outlined the borders of the page with midnight blue, using my round sponge-tipped stamper. 

 


 

This was an easy page to do.  Sometimes a page just seems to make itself.  The addition of the paper die cut gears and flowers truly added to this page.

©Carol Desjarlais  5.12.21

 

No comments:

Post a Comment