Friday, January 29, 2021

Red Prints In the Snow

 

 


 

Red Prints In The Snow

 

gripping shards of ice under bare feet

she wandered     red    prints    in snow

abandonment drifting      like death’s veins

bony fingers reaching to own her     aloneness

while winter covered last season’s sins

crusted in order to hide     wounds

deeper than flesh

 

on stripped trees     red birds huddled     

whispering tales    of a forgotten queen

 

©Carol Desjarlais 08.12.20

 

Tonight I have made black salt for protection.  It smells so beautiful when the herbs are burning.  I have started work on my Imbolc altar.

 




 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have always done something to honor changing of season , the moon, goddesses, It can range from keep a Christmas tree up all year and decorating for the seasons, or outside decorations. Some people change furniture around. I decorate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete