Thursday, January 21, 2021

Get Awestruck

 

 


 

For me, awe comes when I least expect it, but when I am quiet and have an unexpected moment of something that borders on, or feels divine.  There are moments of inspiration, of a sense that something is divinely beautiful, and almost overwhelmingly, full of wonder.  It is a moment where the “I” is small as a grain of sand in the Universe that is bigger than one can even imagine.  It is a moment that is deeply moving. 

The body reacts to moments of awe; there is a tingling, a spaciness, goosebumps, hair rising at the hairline.  Your emotions are filled with a type of joy, a sense of being content, a sense of knowing something higher and better than Self is at work.  There is an immediate wash of gratitude. We feel astounded.  Such are moments of absolute ‘Present-ness’.  A moment where you are lost in that moment; no time, no space, no sense of past or future.  It is followed by a moment of wanting to share with someone else.  We have felt a connection to the Divine in some way. I might see a post of some art and respond, “Awesome”. 

I know that being outside, night or day, gives me an opportunity to be awestruck. When I am giving and when I am in service of others, I can be easily awestruck.  Online, I find a YouTube presentation, suddenly, as if meant to and I can be brought to tears.  Because of COVID-19, we are spending more quiet time.  Have you noticed you are paying attention to something that stirs your soul?  Doing art puts me in an alternative space and place and I can finish such a piece of art that I look at and say to myself, “Did I actually just do that?”  We are more apt to feel awe when we are quiet enough to notice. 

Being awestruck is to discover, to create, to allow the miracles of life to drop in for a visit you will not easily forget.  It is then that we experience epiphanies.  We experience a sense of not wanting it to end; experience wanting more.  It is then that we seek awesome moments, more of those moments.

©Carol Desjarlais 21.1.21


 

No comments:

Post a Comment