Saturday, January 9, 2021

Goddess Amulets

 

 


 

Today is a different blog in that I will share with you what I am making to keep me grounded and healing and keeping to the promises I have made as intentions for this year.   I use them as paperweight, as inspiration as it sits at my art table as I create, and sits at my altar to help hold the prayers of my intentions.  Patchouli is the scent of the day – my signature scent for when I am working on self and for others - and I have added a drop of it on the back of the amulet.  Today’s color is blue and I am currently working on four more that are only blue. 

Give a girl some air-dry clay, some tinfoil, and some gems and feathers and ribbons, and you are apt to get a personal goddess to carry around with you, or sit on your day planner, or hang over an altar (I used large paper clips that I pushed in, before drying, to act as a hanger.).

 


I drew and painted her first.


 

I made a form out of tinfoil.

 



Then I learned not to use the armature.  I used simple appetizer sticks broken to attach separate body parts.  It worked better.  An, I learned to use a stiff brush to smoothen out the seams. 

 







  I have learned to keep the clay equal thickness or it will crack.  I have learned to put a felt backing on the figure as it will protect it more.  

 


You will see me adding gemstones with symbolic meanings.  You will definitely see more of these.  It has filled many hours of covid isolation and I enjoy making them. 

I am about to do a snap give-away.  I have five to give away.  The first five to comment on the blog win a goddess.  Leave your comment on the blog and state a color.  I have twenty made.   I will contact you and you can give me the color you wish your amulet to be.   Draw closes in two days, January 11, 2021, just before midnight.

I would love you to have the goddess in her many forms.  I do a few every day and will have many to share.

©Carol Desjarlais 9.1.21



 

7 comments:

  1. I am not sure if my first comment took, I am a little new to commenting on blogs. I love your Goddess, they are truly beautiful. Also thank you for sharing your method of making, I found it very informative💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, and you are Number 1/5, Please email me at caroldesjarlais2@gmail.com, or send me a message on Facebook, with your preferred color and your mailing address. Yah, you! I love that you like them.

      Delete
  2. Mary Cecilia is having trouble getting her comment to post. Se is #2/5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh yes, yes yes you are number 3... pm me your address, Judy. xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That you did. You are 4/5. Please send me, by messenger, your address and what color you would like. Yah, you!

      Delete