Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Contentment

 

 


 

We all have our spaces and places of sanctuary.  It is in my quiet spaces, that I find that I am more focused on promises I make on self.  Today’s color is white, the incense is lilac, both beautifully full rich depths to move into.  We now have time and space to make time to find what makes you content.  At first, I was desperately looking for it.  As the months go on, it has become easier to move into that quiet space and not feel so desperate for more. 

The only place that I am taking risks right now are in my art experimentation.  That counts.  I am, rather than beating myself up for fails, learning to celebrate fails because I learn things when I fail, or sense failure.  I love that someone wrote, “I fail better”.  Slowly I am paring down my life and my activities and not a painful thing at that. 

I am finding beauty in new and smaller places.  I am falling love with the birds that come, regularly, every afternoon, to my bird feeder and that they are allowing me to get closer and closer as I talk tot hem.  I am finding beautify in seeing the snow melt and my flower pots showing me that, underneath all that drift, are sprouts of beautiful tiny green shoots.  My sage is beautifully strong and showing me brave signs of a good life to come. 

Every day, I find reasons to be inspired, to stay brave, to stay contented.  Yes, I am learning to be quietly content.  The boredom has gone and, in its place, comes an acceptance, a love-at-home sense of comfort. 

Are you finding you are finding more acceptance and comfort in this new way of living and being?

©Carol Desjarlais 13.1.21

***  inspired by Jenny Manno

 


No comments:

Post a Comment