Friday, November 4, 2022

Topaz and Citrine – Stones of This Moon

 

 

 


 

This is my blue topaz necklace that I wore that last winter, with Richard, in Yuma.  I had won a poetry competition and an artist had chosen my poem to do an art piece to express what was in my pome.  The artist was a woman who fused glass.  It was such a beautiful gala night and there were maybe tend of us, from all over Yuma city that had had our work chosen.  My necklace and earrings are all about guardian angels.  The earrings are made into angels.  I absolutely love this and Richard bought me a blue topaz ring to go with it.  I seldom have anywhere to wear such beautiful jewelry now, so it sits nested in its case waiting a time. 

Topaz symbolized Ra, the Egyptian Sun God.  The Hindus honored it for its protection from fires burning down their homes, their health and their beauty.  Today, we know it to represent November’s birthstone, for love and affection, strength and intelligence. 

Topaz soothes and helps our body gain balance in energy.  When working on forgiveness and truth, carry topaz.  Blue Topaz works with the third eye and throat chakras.  I do not know much about the chakras or the third eye and have not done any research on it, but it is said that Topaz helps the wearer to make connections with the Higher Self. 

  

Citrine will help us this month in keeping a positive outlook (sunny disposition).  It is a multi-influencer in every quadrant of life:  physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual.  It is said to clean our aura, as well.  If you have stomach problems, it is said to improve digestion.  It is a great stone to keep on you and to keep on your altar.

When you are dealing with financial issues (aren’t we all right now?) it is said to influence that in optimistic ways.  It restores self-esteem and self-confidence.  It is said, to use it, as a healing stone, to put it by placing it directly over your pubic bone area as you relax, or meditate, for fifteen minutes.

I have inherited macular degeneration from my paternal side of my DNA.  I have been told to place citrine over each eye to help heal that wobbled that is seen in special photos done in the optometrist’s office. 

As well. it is used in help with diabetes since it stimulates digestion, and stimulates the spleen and pancreas.  If you have kidney or bladder infections, it stimulates healing there as well. 

In an age of over-medication and Big Pharma using many of us as guinea pigs (think back to my January – the end of April and my reaction to a new diabetic drug that nearly killed me), what can it hurt to try ancient ways of healing and balancing?  I, for one, am game to do so.  How about you?

©Carol Desjarlais 11.3.22

No comments:

Post a Comment