Saturday, February 27, 2021

Snow Moon/Hunger Moon

 

 

 


And so, we move into Snow Moon; the Hunger Moon.  Again, the lessons of this moon cycles around.  How many Snow Moons have been in my life and I am still learning the lessons? 

I am an exuberant hand talker.  Long before I met my Italian side of the family, I used my hands when I talked.  

 




 

Then there were times that others said I yelled when I talked, or sounded made when I talked.  It was difficult for some to recognize I was being adamant.  I caused some communication errors.  So, I softened my voice, or did not speak, when I was upset. I realize there was power in the quiet.  Not speaking left a huge elephant in the room... in the room of my voiceless heart.

Wolves, howling at the moon raise them for a purpose.  On snowy nights, their voices carry so that it sounds like they are feet away. 

As we consider that this moon is all about sound, I have heard our first sounds of spring in the voices of Robins.  Water is trickling in the house gutters.  I can almost hear the melting snow.  I remember living on the banks of the Mighty Peace River and, in early spring, about this time, great cracks could be heard as the icefloes began to break off.  Of course, the next sound was great grinding and then came the floods, and one time, evacuation up into the hills, for me to experience.  One night we saw two wolves riding an icefloe down the river headed towards Lake Athabasca.  In full moonlight, it was really something to see.  But the crunching, crushing, sound was drowning out any other thing.

January, and early February’s snow is dissipating.  Little green shoots of daffodils are sneaking up through the cold dirt and lilacs buds are budding.  I cannot hear them, but there is sound to color and images betimes.  This is the month we all want to break free.  Once it was cabin fever, now it is covid-restrictions’ fever.  There is an energy building that, if we take a moment to stand in the quiet, we can hear. 

This is the time when we howl our intentions to the Universe.  It is the time to declare our bravery, courage and power to rise.  This is the time that dens are cleaned, every kind of home is heading for a deep spring cleaning, even ours.  This is the time for change, for upkeep, for prettying up our homes, our inner home included. 

The Virgin-Maiden and Virgo bring powerful energetic healing, nourishment for body, mind, heart and soul, and surely, we need such.  Turn on your ‘work-kind-of-music’ and get going on cleaning out the dark, dusty, spiderweb places all around and within, above and below.  Be hungry for change, for renewal, for making your own vibrational-aura music in the world.

©Carol Desjarlais 2.27.21

 


 

***The wolf in this painting, above, is made of packing foam sheet. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment