Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Tender Music In My Life





And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -Friedrich Nietzsche

Things that have made my heart sing are:
Holding Grandpa Smith's hand in our daily walk from the elevators to the coffee shop.  

My dog, Penny, and the smell of new puppy breath and the thumps of a puppies tail.

Laying in the tall grass watching clouds skid by on a summer's afternoon.

The smell of a schoolroom, first day of school.

Riding my horse, Lady Jean, by myself, and riding between the willow bushes with all the freedom and joy of Alberta's summer;  The steady clop clop clop clop and the poetry that came with it.

Moonlight Sonata.


A grandchild's first giggle.
 


The thickest ice storm and the hoarfrost in Fond du Lac.

Dawn.

A bouquet of flowers on my kitchen table.

My homemade stroganoff and something the kids ask for, first thing when they come.  

Long car rides over the passes, with Shaggy booming through the moonroof.

Waking up to winter's first snow.

A surprise meeting of an old friend.

Chai tea any time, anywhere.

Sudden salty smell of the ocean nearby.

Hot chocolate around a bonfire in the middle of HillSpring at the December bonfires.

The smell of a live Christmas tree.

The smell of baking homemade bread.

A crackling fireplace.

Walking in warm rain storm.

Rainbows.

The smell of newly mown grass or hay.

Smell of a new baby.

Sunrain.

I can think of so many things that make my heart sing.

©Carol Desjarlais 11.26.19

No comments:

Post a Comment