Thursday, March 31, 2022

Let It Be Sung

 

 


 

Music can boost the brain's production of the hormone dopamine. This increased dopamine production helps relieve feelings of anxiety and depression. Music is processed directly by the amygdala, which is the part of the brain involved in mood and emotions. It reduces stress” – North Shore University Health System

I am a person who needs background noise, music preferably.  I read that music moves the amygdala/our lizard brain (the most ancient [art of our brain.  This part of the brain involves emotions, mood, and is directly affected by stress.  Music, then, goes to our most personal, primal, areas of the brain and can work magic with anxiety or stress.  It affects our mental health in positive and spiritual ways.  It connects us to “the all”.  The kinds of music we listen to, immediately affects our whole being.  The emotional reaction to music is either positive or negative depending on the type/genre of the music.  Some of today’s music has such negative lyrics that listening to it causes negative reactions within us.  If the lyrics are positive, dopamine is released and we receive pleasure and react positively.  Music is one of the most positive interactions that happens.

My partner does not like music.  I honor that and use headphones so that my music does not intrude.  I have eclectic tastes in music.  Some music triggers me, my grief, and immediately moves me into sadness when I hear a song that is randomly played that reminds me of my time of great grief.  To others, the music that triggers grief in me may not, at all, trigger anyone else.  I know it does, so do not actively choose such songs.

My favorite songs are not necessarily connected to the singer.  It tends to be the words that I look for.  I tend to want to hear positive songs, songs that move me, songs that cause me to want to create, to dance, to sing.  I am emotionally connected to music so I choose music that matches my mood sometimes, and, sometimes, I choose music to alter them. 

She     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1uqfO2-oJA&list=FLfp5zF_wRLe8G7vIXng07Dg&index=1

Let Go Of Your Plans     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm2jp_17wgA&list=FLfp5zF_wRLe8G7vIXng07Dg&index=4

Sacred Ground   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwenrLsAk_U&list=FLfp5zF_wRLe8G7vIXng07Dg&index=7

My Soul Song -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJLSkopnxj0&list=FLfp5zF_wRLe8G7vIXng07Dg&index=11

You Are Enough     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3lvwks7NU&list=FLfp5zF_wRLe8G7vIXng07Dg&index=22

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment