Friday, March 11, 2022

Building Resilience

 


 

Change is a constant, and the world today is under massive changes in every way possible.  In all that change stirring the very ether, are we.  We have no choice but to change along with it.  Staying in the absolute Present is the only way I can deal with it all.  A New Normal has taken place and we are drug around with the changes until we, at our very core, are changed.  How we deal with all the imposition and the mandates, is key to showing how well we change and accept change, and how resilient we are.  Resilience is the key to the very survivals ass human beings as a species.

I do not know about you, but I tend to have spent a lifetime of setting my heels (heals) and refusing to make some of the changes.  Eventually though, it is inevitable that we have t change to meet certain changes.  If we do not, w will lose sleep, gain more anxiety, ache, find we have tics where we never had them, find we are always in some kind of danged drama, feel disempowered, are disempowered, lose relationships, lose our very sense of self.  All we have, for sure, is the moment the comes, after the last moment, and we best make the best of those moments because that is all there is.

Compassion for others, listening to the stories of our Elders, listening to the Ukraine people who are taking a stand against a great army and their acts of heroism amidst something I can not even wrap my head around;  these are the things that helps build our own resiliency.

When a positive experience comes, dwell in it.  Stay with the positive moments like a beloved ancestor.  We are learning to live in a new world, and changes are not done yet, as we listen to the stories of the Ukraine unfold.  We can rewire our own brain to learn to stay aware and optimistic, compassionate and kind.  These are the things that create resilience.

Dwell there, sisterfriends.  Dwell there!

©Carol Desjarlais 3.11.22

 


 I am continuing to experiment with color and with using different colors to add shadows.  As well, I continue to play with hair styles.

I tend to not like a piece when I add black to outline.  I do not like it, but I always seem to grab a dark pen.  Ocassionally, I remember and chiose a brown water-based felt pen, in brown.  I like it way better and I can manipulated the intensity of the colkor by simply using a wet brush.\

I am not, typially good at flowers.  They do not interest me, in myown paintings, with them, so I rarely add them.  I took a special night class for mother's and daughters, where my daughter lives.  She and I and my granddaughter went and thoroughly enjoyed making watercolor roses.  Since then, I have begin to try flowers more often.


There are some faces that I end up lovng.  This is one of those.  From sketch to painted, I enjoyed the process of painting this girl. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment