Sunday, December 12, 2021

The White Goddess

 

 


The failure of modern poets, Graves argues, is the result of the decline in knowledge of myths.”- Robert Graves, poet

The white goddess is the sublime Muse, symbolized by the phases of the moon.  She is the virgin huntress of the new moon, pregnant mother of the full moon, the wild hag of the fading moon.  She is purity of heart, mind body and soul.  She is in all things liquid, in the changing of seasons, in the movement of the stars in the heavens.  She belongs to all women and is the feminine equal to the masculine god.  She inspires and praises.  She reminds us that we are all goddess, have been born goddesses and we only need to live up to that in our lives by being pure of heart, mind, body and soul.

Be that today.

Today, I will keep the heart of a child as I go about preparing for Christmas. I will not be the busy mother but a joyful mother.  I will be the dignity of the Hag.   I will find joy in our weather and perhaps, even the sun. I will not let fear of disappointment ruin my day.  I will remember whose very DNA I carry.

 

 

References:

https://www.firstthings.com/article/1992/11/the-death-of-the-goddess

 

No comments:

Post a Comment