Friday, December 3, 2021

The Light

 

 


 

You are gathering light today. 

You attract abundance.

Release resistance or fear.

Focus on the pureness of your heart and soul.

You are a gift to the world, no less than the sun, when you are pure of heart.

You are vessel of light.  Be that.

Sometimes a card can be simple but symbolic.   Yellow has always been my favorite, yet holkds some sorrow.  When I was in trade one, and it was Easter and we were to color a mimeographed chick, I was so into it.  I used that yellow crayon to a nubbin because it was such a glorious deep color for my chick.  Later, I was shown my best friend's gentle soft colored chick and had mine compared to it.  I was asked, "Why do you have to color so hard?"  I felt ther sting and, at that moment, learned to compare even myself to others.  I turned my light down from that moment on.  That statement impacted my whole life.  It said I was not good enough.  I was 5.  I had started school early.  Why my psyche even picked up on that was not ordinary.  I spent a lifetime trying to be enough.  I am, at 74, learning that I had always been enough FOR ME...  that is the awsome work I have done.  The teacher was my mother.  

Today, with this card, I celebrate being the light I have been in other's lives.  I will celebrate the 'being enough' for my mother who became so proud of me when I was not even trying to impress anyone but myself.  I remember the moment she told me how proud she was of me.  I had left a 19 year marriage with my 7 children and gone to University.  I aced it.  My kids aced it.  I was finally proud of myself. 

This card is done by making lard circular circles from the center to the outside of the card.  I had loaded the wide brush with orange, red, and lots of yellow acrylic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment