Saturday, December 11, 2021

Soul Journal

 

 


 

So often, we pick up something to begin writing a journal in/painting in, to record our days down here on earth. Often it comes from a time of chaos in our lives and, somehow, we need to document our feelings about it.  And, then we lay the book down and do not write until the next drama in our lives.  Nothing expresses feelings better than art journaling, in some way, on something.  And, it keeps me thinking clearly as I fill what could be a big dark hole where I could stuff emotions. 

Art journaling, of any kind, heals you from the inside out.  There is healing in emotional clearing.  There is healing energy that happens as you, in any way, begin to put down what you are feeling.  It is good to balance out negatives with positives.  It also teaches you to tell your truths, you become more self-aware through symbols and colors and all else besides words.  It is your inner voice, your soul voice that comes through. 

When you art journal, it helps you know yourself from the inside out.  You know who you truly are.  It helps you problem solve.  You go right to the heart of the matter and it comes out through filling white or negative space. 

When we share our ideas for mark making, you encourage others in ways to express their own feelings, wishes and desires, and matters of the heart. 

Do a card that encourages you to simply write sometimes, because sometimes words DO express matters of the heart more clearly.  Today’s card is made using some ledger paper Robyn sent me and it encourages me to do some writing.

 

Today, I make a renewed promise to myself to keep blogging, to keep trying to express myself, to empower myself, and the continue to do the work that matters:  Recording that I have not lived this life as if a dream.   This is my soul speaking.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment