Thursday, December 2, 2021

The Hunter

 

 


 

Control what you can, pray for things you cannot.

You can save no one but yourself

See who is being manipulative.  Change that.

Do not be aggressive or even responsive to such.

Hear what is not spoken.

See what is hidden.

Trust your inner intuition for that is your truth.

Navigate your darkness to know your light.

After a quick sketch of owl eyes, I drew with my watercolor pencils, again, and focused in on the eyers.

I did a background following the rough sketch in feathery colors, added lots of orange to her eyes, and then let it dry. The painting transformed as I decided to blacken the eyes and to add feathery shapes with a wide brush to get feathery looking strokes.

There is so much out of our control.  This last nearly two years, we have learned what we can and cannot control.  We have learned what we can cope with.  We have learned what we cannot.  We have learned to sit with ourselves and think our thoughts.  We have had to learn how to be positive amidst great environmental chaos.  We have learned our own chaaos.  We have learned to walk our talk and talk our walk.   Aw yes, controlkwhat I can and give up trying to contro what I cannot.  Has it made me the honorable hunter?

No comments:

Post a Comment