Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Colors to Come

 

 

 


I have started to do Christmas paintings already.  That is one way to get color into my life.  I am planning for company.  Oh, I cannot tell you how that makes my heart happy.  As I said in an earlier blog, I have two exciting things happening before the end of this year.  I have my November 11th flowers and decorations up, to honor my brothers and my sons who have chosen the life of a soldier, and those who lost their lives.  It is a quiet kind of honor.  But the burst of poppies looks lovely against the lace tablecloth on my dining room table.  


 


 

 

The most touching photo I have of my son as a soldier is when he was arriving home from Afghanistan and little Teo holding his hand.  Colors of November for me.

 


I am going to have my granddaughter help me put up the Christmas tree and decorations while she is here.  Yes yes, the house will be filled with color.  I will probably have her use the same decorations as last year.

 There are things to look forward to, and lights and color does it for me.

©Carol Desjarlais 3.11.20

*******This painting is done on an old barn wood block.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment