Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Rhiannon







Rhiannon is a Celtic goddess who was born at first moon and there are many stories of this Welsh goddess that speak to her attributes and blessings.  She comes to teach us that with truth, patience, and love we can create change no matter how bleak life seems at the moment.

She is known to interpret dreams and to help us change from victim to survivor through patience and forgiveness.    Call on her when you need her gifts.
As I worked on doing the color green, she began to appear on the page.  I had no idea where I was going with this painting but soon she came to life.



I began by using gesso through a stencil of dots. And then I began adding green and the gesso dots showed up beautifully. I used medium green on the outside and moved to lighter/brighter.
  



Suddenly, as always, the face appeared somewhere in the creative center of my brain and I saw her.  I began outlining with green felt watercolor pen, adding a bit of cream, here and there to start getting shapes and planes.






Using only greens and creams and gesso, she began to come alive.


I added her cross stands for life, fortune and blessings, above her as those things are her main metaphors.  Then, I added the animal she is most known for and one I am so connected to, the horse.



Since Rhiannon is one of the goddesses of this month, I was grateful to have her appear as I stayed in tune to that picture I saw in my head.  Her lessons are lessons I need to focus on.

Rhiannon's is the Moon, the Gates, and the Wind.  Her number is #7 and her luck comes from the shoes of her horses.  She gathers with horse, frogs, dogs (puppies), song birds, dragons, hummingbirds and Badgers.  She is in white flowers, in Rosemary and Sage, in Narcissus, Pansies, daffodils, cedar and pine.  Her medicines are lavender, geraniums, narcissus, Sandalwood, Bergamot, and Neroli oils.  Samples from this list should be placed on your alter.  Add quartz crystals, bloodstone, gold, cat's eye, 

moonstone, amethyst, garnet, ruby and/or turquoise.  Wear white, silver, red, gray, dark green, gold, maroon, black and brown.  Connect to Mother Earth.

I, and I am sure, all of you, need blessings, need fortune (not financial, but fortune in the blessings we need) life ( the kind of life that would bring physical health, intellectual fortitude, emotional balance, and spiritual growth. 

©Carol Desjarlais 2.12.20
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment