Sunday, January 8, 2023

Disseminating Moon: Ancestors

 

 


The moon is just starting to become smaller.  We are guided to rest, to rejuvenate, to focus in on our soul and all its working parts to reflect upon ancestors.  How do we show gratitude to our ancestors? 

First and foremost, we must take care of ourselves as they would have us do.  We represent their future.  We are full of creativity, of passion, of wonder, of freedom and love and these attributes have come from our very DNA.  If we look back into our family trees, and are so lucky to have that knowledge, we can pinpoint those who came before us and who carried such attributes.  I was told, at a NAS Headstart Program in Rapid City, by a Medicine Man, that we were the answers to some great ancestor’s prayers.  Imagine how impacting that was.  And we are.  Each of us was prayed into being, I believe, and we have a duty to make sure we do them honor.  We come from some great roots, we do.

I have need to share this following:

THERE IS THIS WISDOM THAT WOMEN ARE LIKE TREES

They grow roots. They become grounded and they know where they belong.

They know their forest. They use their branches and embrace their tribe.

They are strong and powerful, but not aggressive or forceful
Roots grow deep from their battled bones and their veins flow rivers of wisdom.

They seek the river, the roots of others, the struggles of ancient trees who lived in a world of injustice.

That old world was not a world of love. There was no compassion. No kindness. No generosity.

Just blood and fire. Women had to walk on fire to prove their innocence. To prove that they are not the daughters of darkness.

This world of injustice is deeply ingrained in the fears and doubts of every woman who chooses to be seen in her full authenticity. No conscious leader can escape the curse of ancient DNA.

But like any tree with strong roots and deep convictions, she takes on this challenge and driven by the desire to do good, she looks doubt, fear and uncertainty in the eyes and stays committed to her mission no matter what. In the end, she will shed the antiquated myth of creation and fully embrace the power of sovereignty.

The conscious leader of today does the sacred inner work to shed herself from the wounds of her ancestors. She now leads with love, peace and gratitude. She is the real deal. Grounded in truth and integrity.

Vulnerability is a trait of the strong. The trait of a conscious leader. Not a leader who only seeks profit. There are plenty of those in the market place. Those who agitate the pain of the tribe and offer false hopes to courageous messengers who have not found their place in the market place yet. Be aware of that leader. Stay away. Be strong and say no to their ways. Because that is pure indoctrination clothed in the skin of sacredness.

But the conscious leader, the mission-driven woman is like a tree with deep roots and a canopy reaching out for truth, compassion and service. Find your own voice. Craft your message and write on the pages of heart. Take out the pen of truth and tell your story as it is. Wounds and pain. Sorrows and defeats. Because it is not about the story in the end. It is about the meaning you give to your stories and the deep knowing you are called to share with your tribe. “

Corina Luna Dea,  Archaeology for the Woman's Soul

 

We are but a branch of a magnificent family tree.  I was a transplant but was so blessed to have been found by my birth family.  That beloved old lady, who was my birth mother, gave me the choicest of gifts she could give.  I was raised by a wonderful good mother.  Beginning to know more and more about my family roots has been choice.  I owe an alliance to my mother and her mother before her.  I owe my soul to my birth mother, too, and all those women who suffered and sacrificed before her.

How do I honor these women in my family tree?  By being the best I can possibly be in order to make my maternal lineages proud of me and my daughter who comes behind me, and my granddaughters and great granddaughters.  It is my job to make sure they all know love, service, and compassion, and service to Mother Earth’s inhabitants.  That is the best I can strive for, for all of us.

©Carol Desjarlais 1.8.23

 

No comments:

Post a Comment