Friday, June 25, 2021

Theresa’s Collage Technique

 

 


Following along with Theresa’s technique for collage, I did my background out of steampunk and coordinating background papers. 

I stopped and made a green page to be able to make her leaves.

I found my $3.00 floral stamp set that I got for $3.00 in a bag full of stamps, dies, and die cuts I got for 3.99 at a thrift store I went to with my girlfriend, Bonnie.

I stamped a bunch of different flowers and three birds in case I need them and glued them down, then painted all.

I mixed acrylic with slow flow to do the sky.

HINT:   Water breaks down the binder in acrylic, thinning the paint so that it looks like watercolor and allows it to sink into the surface, resulting in a matte finish.  Or, add a product like Flow-Aid Fluid Additive or Acrylic Flow Improver.

I traced around with charcoal to push and pull background and woman.  In the end, it is rough, but I love it

©Carol Desjarlais 6.21.21

 

No comments:

Post a Comment