Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Regrets: I Always Meant To Be A Hippy

 

 


 

Living a life where we come to some semblance of grace and dignity with our past, find ways to keep grace and dignity in our Present, and remembering that our future is being pared down as we age, I think one of the main things is to deal with what you had, have and will have so that you have few regrets, with do wonders while aging. 

Every day, I try to make that day worthwhile, not just to me, but to the Universe.  I wake up with a prayerful heart saying to myself, ‘Thank you, Creator, for letting me wake up this morning.  Help me to make it worth your while to keep me through today.”  It used to feel macabre to think like this, but I do it anyways.  At night I thank Creator for giving me this day and ask that I be kept safe to try to do even better the next day.  I know that feeling peace begets peace.  When I do my art, my soul is peaceful, my body is at peace, my mind is busy allowing my Muse its hand.  I feel full and sweet and full of faith and know that my art is soulwork.

I am more careful with my choices.  I choose things that will give me joy and a sense of accomplishment.  I do not want to try to go to bed at night with unfinished business (as best I can).

All this month, doing the BoHo, I realize that I did get my wish… I missed being a hippy because I was married at 17 and was busy being responsible.  I watched the hippies through the 60s and envied their freedom and sense of c’est la vive.  I did not want to do the drugs or the other stuff … I wanted to dress like a hippy, to, yes, again, be that free.  Well, I thought that is what they about.  Of course, it was not all peace, love, dove.  It created many problems in society… but still, the yearning was there.  Now, I realize I am actually more of a hippy than I ever could have pulled off when I was young.  I can dress hippy dippy, I can express myself like that. So, actually I am kind of hippy dippy.  If you knew me, you’d see the refractions of it in my life and style.  No regrets!

Think of one regret you’ve had and realize, in some way, you have had it come true, without realizing it. 

©Carol Desjarlais 6.14.21

 

https://www.livescience.com/19788-regrets-healthy-aging.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment