Thursday, July 28, 2022

Enough

 


 

In my own life I know that my state of cheerfulness is a reliable gauge of my level of spiritual enlightenment at that moment. The more cheerful, happy, contented, and satisfied I am feeling, the more aware I am of my deep connection to Spirit. -Wayne Dyer

Satisfaction in your life does not include happiness.  Satisfaction is speaking of emotional aspects.  Happiness has to do with attitude, I think.  Satisfaction is discovered through comparing what we have to what others have.  It is also a lifetime of checks and balances.  We tend to weigh the negatives and the positives.  The negatives and positives we find depend on our perspective.  If we choose to focus on negatives, we will see the balance as negative.  If we are a happier person, we will tend to see our life experiences as positive. 

Now, living a quarter century, I realize that I have become more satisfied with my life.  There is less drama, less stumbling blocks, less detours having to be made.  Perhaps iit is because I do less in the outside world and more within the environment I have created, that I call “home”.  I have learned to accept my path, knowing that block may come, but am sure of myself enough to know I have figured out how to deal with them.  Some of that is planning and practicing skills that help me do so.  (I can say, the main anxiety I have is the death of a spouse.  I still wish to go first because I do not want to go through that ever again.  I have been working, in the background, on not allowing myself to bond too deeply (sad state of affairs, that) and am making sure I have a plan A,B, and C.  I can logically see that my life is better now than ever before.  I expect wonderful experiences and surprises as it tends to be that people are circling back into my life and I do things that keep me lifelong learning and I have more time to do things that brighten up my world and days.  I do not have time to scroll through all the things I wish I had done differently and have accepted a belief that things happen in our lives for a reason and I am who I am today through lessons learned.  I am no longer afraid of good things happening with the expectation that it will balance itself out with not good things.  I face each new day knowing I have coping skills and I have learned how to go with the unexpected.  When negative things happen, I tend to work out the problem faster than before.  I enjoy the smaller things of life more now.  I definitely know that mental health affects and colors everything we do, think, experience, and resilience comes from learning how to not slip into emotionalism (disaster-thinking) and giving my ego / lizard brain /Evil Inner Witch rein.  I stay more present.  I am learning to build on important connections, nurturing and caring more for those I love and that I love, being open for new connections.  I seldom allow anxiety, and if I do, I get right to the key trigger of such so that I can acknowledge and let it go.  I have never been a sad person, typically, unless I do have something of grief to enter my life.  I honor those things and let my soul take its time to deal with them without sinking into a puddle of muddle.   So I always do it right?  Of course not.  I still have many things to work on; defensiveness for one.  Fear is another thing I have worked on because I do, now, know, that I have been a fear-driven person.

I have to stop sometimes and remind myself of how good I have it.  Yes, I have physical things that hurt, that cause me to really watch what I eat, and watch what I want, need, desire, so that I am not trying to pacify myself for some reason. 

I am a generally happy person and part of why I am happy is because I have learned to be satisfied with life.  I am very aware that I, truly, am ENOUGH.  I have enough.  I have always been authentically enough.  I will always be enough, because I have learned to be myself, be present, and be satisfied.

Are you satisfied with your life?  What makes you feel satisfied or dissatisfied?  Do you get that Satisfaction is a state of mind?  To me, you are all enough.  Enough said!

©Carol Desjarlais 7.28.22

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment