Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Mothering Crises

 

 


 

They say to face a crisis like a Mother would.  My kids stopped telling me their problems because they knew what I would do.  I turned into a Mother Bear.  I feared nothing when it came to my kids.  Once someone hit my youngest and I attacked.  He was bigger than me, taller than me, and prone to be aggressive.   And no one, not even I, hit my kids.  I lost all reason and logic and shut-off valve.  Don’t.  Smack.  You.  Smack.  Ever. Smack. Hit.  Smack, My.  Smack.  Kids.  Smack.  I do not know who was more shocked:  Him or Me?  I had been a victim and I was danged sure my kids never would be as long as I was around.  A little voice said, from the floor where he had landed after he was hit, “Mom, you would have died for me.”  Why, yes, I would have, always will.  A Mother, in crisis, is a mighty force … a solution to a problem.

The Elders knew this powerful truth.  They have said, down through the ages, that women will heal the world.   That is a great responsibility and honor to work towards.  I imagine being prepared for such a thing.

We are protectors of children of wounded things.  We have an innate sense of other’s needs.  We intercede on behalf of such.  We are the compassionate, nurturers who risk our life to have children so they are precious to us.  We see greatness in the smallest of things.  We are able to see that a problem can be solved if we listen to our intuitive soul.  I do not know why we not turn that healing on to ourselves.  What a gift to be a mother; a woman who mothers. 

Woman who mother are full of the affection of even The First Mother.  They rankle at the injustices, at losses, at negativity.  They have determination to protect others and to bring out the best in others.  Our power is the most impacting that there is in the world from the birthing, to the raising, to the letting others fly free to make their own realities beyond her.  That “letting go” is one of great sacrifice, one of courage, and the impact of her influence goes out into the world to make the world a better place to be.

So, as we consider meting our own crises, we, somehow, naturally, fall into a maternal frame of mind; remember, we have The gift, that supersedes any crises.  We battle, we fall, we fail, we win, we get up and carry on, when we access that mothering nature within.  It is that that can bring calm to the chaos, the peace to a problem.  We jump in to terrible waters to save others, and we need to remember to be ‘that Mothering” woman who jumps in to save the needs of a wanting world, our own wanting world.   

Be that, sisterfriends.  Be that!

 

*****This painting is Pop Surrealism.   With the big eyes and a whole lot of whimsy.  It is art that comes from Pop culture of Japan.

©Carol Desjarlais 6.7.22

 

No comments:

Post a Comment