Monday, January 31, 2022

Spring and Brigid on the Cusp

 


 

Finally, February is on the cusp.  This is the month of Bridgid,  She is First of First Woman, a Holy Holy ancestor of ours, and Divinely connected to the Original Creator, as we are, in being Co-creators.  She is honored with lights of every kind, bonfires, and candles in every window.     She is Patron of Poetry, for one, and this month, I will be adding more poetry, hopefully, since it will be difficult for me because poetry died in me at the death of my beloved.  I feel it whispering deep down in my soul again, so hopefully, it will come.

I will continue to blog and share tips and techniques on how I do my art.  I hope it inspires.  My blog comes right from the heart.  It is often intuitive, and comes as fast as I can type, so that I do not let ego or life intercede on what I believe; I think, I do, I feel.  I begin art with a thought and whatever comes of that art piece comes from the base of the thought I will blog about.

Rika Dehombreux will be our guest artist for the month.  We are privileged.  Be sure and add her as friend so you do not miss a post.  I am excited to be inspired by her.  Thank you, Rika, for accepting this, I know it takes a great deal of work, but have seen your posts and your intro on your FB page: “Dreamer-Intuitive Artist-Bohemian Heart-Globetrotter-Fascinated with Myths, Legends and Fairy Tales”.  She is from Belgium.  Be sure and share your art and see what she, in her unique wisdom and perspective, has to say about it. 

I am really looking forward to you this month, Rika.

https://www.facebook.com/Rika.Dehombreux

a conversation with Rika:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXl6UCNLM8

her channels and presentations on Youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rika+dehombreux

Let’s get intuitive and burst into spring with wonderful intuitive art.

Enjoy the inspiration, of the sisterfriends who are here. Make sure you add any of us as friends so you do not miss a post.  We are into a Spring’s burst of creativity.

Welcome here, all, let tomorrow be the first day we discover our intuitive soul’s expressions.  Let’s give this spring into spring a go.

 

Spring Cleaning

I am changed my spare room around;
moving one heavy trunk to replace another,
changing bookshelves, going through files,
reorganizing texts and journals by titles, this time

I am in search of evidence of you;

smell your moldy words here somewhere

have discarded your mousy little tracks,
flung far, your gritty grains
that fell behind the extra desk ~

that goddamned dried rose,
crackling in wait for discovery,
falling from Rumi

You said I would be a poet, should be,
and you left me more fodder than forever
to write about

I never completely scour out the smell of you;
I merely shuffle you about,
try to cover up the stench
with fresh air thoughts

flinging the window open,
hoping you will escape, fly out, be free,
I realize you are dead already
and every phrase I write
is about you, or for you

you have sunk into the floor cracks
and I can not move again

I always take you with me
and lug you about
trying to rearrange grief like books
on bow-shelved bones.

©Carol Desjarlais 2008

 

No comments:

Post a Comment