Friday, January 7, 2022

Let It Go

 

 


 

Releasing is so important.  I find this a great time to finish off some things I have really needed to let go of. 

Make a list of words of things you need to go let go of.. do not make them specific because it never it; it holds many connotations.  For instance;

1.     Betrayal

2.    Mistrust

3.    Fear

4.    Unhealthy Food

5.    Vulnerability

As you can see, no specifics!

 

Warming up a page is really important.  Being faced with white is not conducive to inspiration.  It is best to paint your substrate the main color that will be in your painting, typically.  Just slater some color down and then you can begin... it is way more inspiring.

I then, thought of what could symbolize “Releasing”.  Immediately, came to mind, a bird swooping down to take seeds of things I need to let go of.  It does not mean ‘swoop’ and it is all gone.  The 1a,b4,b6,b7 …etc.. are the many things within each number.  Those are the specifics but I have not actually put them all done.  Lordy, it would take a wall to list them all.  I being with five (odd number) to begin bi by bit, seed by seed, to allow to be taken away.  It does not mean that I need someone else, something else, to take them.  I am portraying the offering.



 

Hands are tough for me.  So, I start simply with shape. 

 


 


The simple acknowledgement that these things need work on to release, is a beginning.  Can you express your beginning to release and find a symbolic way to express it?

©Carol Desjarlais 1.7.21

 

No comments:

Post a Comment