Monday, January 10, 2022

Attraction: Process Not Product

 

 


You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. – Mark Victor Hansen

Yes, yes, I have read books and articles and blogs about attracting things to Self.  Most make it sound like it will happen if you do it right.  If it does not happen, your fault.  I do not lean gently into that kind of writing.  Let those who have it work, work it.  For the rest of us; be the positive end of a magnet that CAN attract positive things.  We are not central focus of some Higher Being with our petty wants and wishes.  But we have the power to attract positivity if we place ourselves in a positive output of positive emotions and actions that will naturally bring positive things because we are in a positive essence that is ebbing and flowing from us.  There, that said, I begin a painting.



 

1.     Very often I use scribbled on, splotched sketchbook paper to do some of my paintings for my art journal or my Red Thread Smashbook.  Here is an example.  I am starting with a previously ‘warmed up’ page that has strips of edging paint, stamps impressions, writing as I brainstormed ideas, etc.


 

2.    I, then, drew a face trying to use the paint bits and bobs as part of the drawing.  Then, I choose the background color and used it to begin to define her face, as well.


 
Layer by layer, she became.  I had no end product in mind.  I was jsut following my process of doing thee types of paintngs.  I do nothave an idea in my head, other than, with this one,I thought magnet. 

3.    The painting, now, becomes a process not a product.  (This is for my Red Thread Smashbook.)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/713051216146365

Therefore, I work hard to start my day out with a positive outlook.  I do not enter into it expecting positive things. I just know that life is easier if I start it all out in a positive frame of mind.  No, it does not mean that the Bee Man won’t drive my new car through the wall, that my stove will not work at Christmas and the natural gas guys never got the natural gas hooked up as promised, nor that it will rain and freeze and cave in the roof of my gazebo.  It means, when those things happen, I will find the positive in it all.  I am always in the process of being positive.

©Carol Desjarlais 2.10.22

 

No comments:

Post a Comment