Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Hard and Holy Things of An Everyday Woman

 

 


 

“Please hear me, Girl: The world has enough women who know how to do their hair. It needs women who know how to do hard and holy things.” ― Ann Voskamp

As the full moon shines light on things, that were dark, that needed uncovering, let it take away our fear (and show us who we do not need adding to that darkness).   Through these last couple of years, we have been ground down, pared down, and, I, for sure, am feeling like I am a stranger to even myself.  There is a certain lethargy happening.  I find I am more anxious and that anxiety is about WHAT.  SHOULD.  I.  DO.  NOW?  I am trying to occupy myself.  The world is full of masculine energy.  I see it.  I feel it.  I hear it.  How do I regain a sense of balance in my wife with feminine energy?  These days are full of hard and holy things.

The world needs the feminine of it all to be enlightened and find our feminine energy so that we have higher perception/intuition used.  It needs us to listen to our inner goddesses.  It is time to be more flexible but not allowing masculine energy of divisiveness to happen here.  We need the divine feminine within to practice compassion and love and acceptance, while keeping ourselves safely away from all the negatives.  We need to accept that there are people, places, things, we simply have to let go of.  We need the Elderhood of femininity to let us let it all be and be what we were meant to be; nurturing, caring, healing, spiritually the divine Beings we were made to be.  We are all Divine Mother Archetypes. 

Practicing art and creating and journaling and dreaming all come from the feminine that wants to thrive and drive away negative spaces and places. 

Take some time to work on what the Divine Feminine, within you, looks like, and what a message might be that comes through from her. 

I started to play with that idea.  I choose some background paper I got in a package and began by drawing a face.  The background was already warmed up for me.

 


A quick sketch of the face


a bit of shading began

A bit more refining.  It seems I never do a face the same way.


I added some pehermera from the packaged set, a cardboard wreath frame, a dasying from willowing she gave us free, and some more deining of face and finally eyes.  

©Carol Desjarlais 2.19.22


No comments:

Post a Comment