Sunday, January 2, 2022

and then came you

 

 


 

“Once I was alone…and then came you”

Your portraits are your portraits and each one comes from the soul, if you stop the evil inner witch from commenting her nastiness.  Each page, if an art journal, a practice journal, on any substrate you choose, becomes a song from your soul.  When you enter the space of creativity, you as close to Creator as prayer;  it is your space of meditation;  it is entring into sacred space.  What comes of it is sacred. 

Each of my pages has an area for writing on.  I leave it and whenever I feel a deep feeling, I find the page that meets that feeling and then I write.

Art journaling is not something you have to share, as a diary is not shareable, if you do not choose.  But, with art journaling, each page becomes a painting that you can frame.  That is why I choose to work, most often, on a watercolor ad or a mixed media pad, or acrylic pad of substrates.  


 

This page started out with being warmed up by slopping paint on and using a roller.  I did the dark brown and then the turquoise.  Warming up a page, definitely helps me to move into creative space. 

 

 


Once I had the background sorted, I used clear gesso over top so it would have better ‘tooth’ to hold the next layer.


 


I added a flesh pink girl shape and played with some hair and color droplets, but she was wayyy too dark.

Suddenly I craved color… and color definitely made her pop.  I focused on the yes to get them to pop with color as well.  


 

Sometimes you will hear your Critical Inner Voice (Evil Inner With, I call it) say to do more, that you are not finished.  Do not listen.  Many times, I may come back to this page and find I do, indeed, need to do more, but for now, she is done.  Wonder what writing will appear on this page?

©Carol Desjarlais 1.2.21

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment