Tuesday, January 11, 2022

I Value: According To the Medicine Wheel

 


 

We have four aspects to all things in life, on earth, below earth and in the heavens.  Human Beings have four quadrants:  the physical, the intellectual, the emotional and the spiritual.  Each must be in balance.  What happens in one quadrant affects the other.  For instance, when there is something off balance in the physical, the emotional is affected.  When something is ‘off’ in the intellectual, the spiritual is affected.  We can go around the wheel and know, side by side, how things are affected.  There are four seasons, four types of winds,  types of relationships, four types of plants, four types of aging, four kinds of everything. 

The wheel moves in a clockwise way.  The Medicine Wheel is not just flat.  It is a spiral upon spiral upon spiral.  I used the Medicine Wheel in counselling and taught workshops on the Medicine Wheel.   I use it like some use oracle cards.  We can never know the whole of the Medicine wheel.  I only know the very very basics and I have studied and used it for decades. 

When I consider what I value, I consider some aspects of the Medicine Wheel to express that.

I used coasters to do the circles and then I did a discovery according to very basic ideologies that are The Medicine Wheel.

https://medium.com/@hshearman45/quote-54519ce3ead8

 


No comments:

Post a Comment