Monday, March 15, 2021

Our Spring ATC Swap and more

 

 



 

What a loving experience doing all the fifty ATCs I have made since we began our swap.  I know each card I receive comes from the soul of the creator.  I took the ATC cards to another level for my granddaughter and her buddy (a boy who declares that he is gay/Bi and a darling boy (both uniquely innocent and both turning fourteen this year)  .  They are both experiencing bullying at their middle school.  So often we feel powerless to help counteract it all, but, the ATCs gave me a vehicle to help empower them.

I decorated five boxes for each, and each box has five cards in it.  Once a week, they chose a box.  Every morning they are to chose a card and read it and then tuck it in their pocket.  The sayings on the back of each card is a phrase of empowerment, supportive phrases, declaration phrase and things to focus on for that day of the school week.  It is all a grandma can do from afar.

There are myriads of ways to store cards we receive.  What have you thought up to keep your received ATCs in?  I am using plastic sheets from an old photo album and have stuck a bit of painter’s tape to keep them within the little pockets.  I may try to do a homemade ATC book later. 

I do not know what you all think, but I am thinking we could do a new them every month and I could chose each one of you to decide on the theme for the month so we all get a chance to choose a theme.  What do you think?

©Carol Desjarlais 3.15.21

 

https://feltmagnet.com/painting/My-Introduction-to-Artist-Trading-Cards

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see her reaction. I know she will love it. I, also, have a 20 x 30 painting she requested done for her "big girl's room" that she will be surprised to see, as well. Thank you. What's a grandma to do? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little boxes for the cards, and what a wonderful way to support your granddaughter and her friend!!
    EFT "tapping" helped my middle granddaughter when she was coping work a lot of anxiety - she was fortunate to work with a practitioner for half a dozen sessions. She also made herself a set of cards with different coping tools on watercolor paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. I did not know that it was a "thing" and I was desperate to find ways to support her and her little buddy. She is faithfully taking one each day and says the bullying has stopped. But, Grade Seven, right?

      Delete