Saturday, March 6, 2021

Be In The In The State of Inquiry

 

 


 

Engage in life as if this were your last day down here on earth.  See, feel, taste, hear, smell, sense life in each present moment.  We no longer need to be looking at our past.  We have today to deal with. 

When we have a new baby, we check their fingers and toes, lovingly memorizing it, through all our senses.  We are in an absolutely Present. 

If we were to document 24 hours in our daily life, we would soon give up because we are bombarded at all sides with sensory information.  Even if we tried it for an hour, we would soon be overwhelmed.

 

When I am in the act of creating, I am in such a moment.  I am completely immersed, body, mind, heart and soul on the project and the longer I do this, the longer I CAN do this.  We become focused on the point of our pencil, on turning a flat piece of paper or product into a 3D image of sorts.    We are in the state of inquiry.  Those moments are life magnified and pared down. 

 

This is the month for intentional notice.  As I went for my walk these lat mornings, I am intentionally looking for Spring.  I find it is small curls at the bottom of weeds in the ditches.  I find it in the small, barely noticeable, budding on bushes.  I hear it in the new songs of newly returned birds. I notice slight color changes on branches of trees.  I can almost visualize sap returning to the trunks.  I am mindful where I put my feet when I walk.  I measure how far the last of snowdrifts have recede back into Mother Earth, from day to day.  I can smell Mother Earth’s fecundity.  I am a witness.  I am being mindful.   I am engaged and curious during that walk.

 

Exercise your ability to Notice, to Inquire, to take note of patterns, to notice routines, to be totally aware of how you stir the ether.  Try choosing ten minutes, situated in an interesting spot, and define and clarify your sense of being Present.  Then, express it anyway you wish, writing, drawing, painting, baking, whatever way you find to creatively express your being here at all.

 

©Carol Desjarlais 3.6.21

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment