Monday, December 28, 2020

Living in a Covid Cloud

 

 


 

We are experienced a year-long constant sense of fear and anxiety that is global.  There is no way to know where it exactly began and where, or if, it is going to end.  We are fractured between what we have always known to this separation from loved ones, losses of freedoms, and there is an overriding sense of helplessness.  They are speaking about changes in sleep patterns due to isolation.  They are speaking about PTSD showing up in some.  Relationships are stressed.  Our sense of empathy is changing because some are feeling anger towards those rule-breakers who have always been rule-breakers.  We have different responsibilities and there seems to be a sense of needing to be able to express personal fears and emotions that we would never have entertained before.

Every part of our daily lives has been disrupted.  Our routines have become too routine.  It is easy, and, I figure, quite valid, to procrastinate.  I, now, spend time, wondering if I will get my mojo back when all this is done.  I am pretty sure our whole identity will have been changed.  I wonder…   how will our psyche react once we are freed again?  Will this ‘alone’ time have us clearer about who and why we are? 

Personal growth should have happened, was mine positive or negative?  Did my negative emotions rise as well?  Or, have I had the time and space to learn to douse out the flames of negativity that rise now and again.  I have beaten the need to create stress to get things done, thank goodness.  We are surely resilient beings. Introverts have been able to avoid social pressures, how will they re-enter society, with normal interactions, when the time comes to do so?  Will it be difficult for those of us who were outgoing and social beings to manage the over-stimulation of re-entry?  I guess time heals all things.

However it happens, whenever it happens, I am thinking one might wisely not binge.  I have a sense that it may take a year/years for anything close to a new normal to take place.  Somehow we have to learn to surrender to the changes.  As for me, I have moved into a covid cloud and realize that everything about me is sluggish.  I have needed stimulation of being out and about. 

What are your thoughts on the matter?

©Carol Desjarlais 28.12.21

 


No comments:

Post a Comment