Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The Leo, I Am





 ''When you run after your thoughts, you are like a dog chasing a stick. Every time a stick is thrown, you run after it. Instead be like a lion, who rather than chasing after the stick, turns to face the thrower. One, only throws a stick at a lion once.''
-Milarepa

This quote digs deeply for me. How often I have thrown sticks at lions. I realize, in this moment, how much I have learned and matured as time passes by. Letting go became crucial for me when losing my soulmate. I could not control and I am one wont to control what I keep and what I let go. When this happened, I was forced to see there was a higher plan. I knew not the plan, nor do I know it now, I just know that I have stopped saying to myself, "I want my old life back!" 2015 was a critical junction for me.

Like any wild animal that is nearly mortally wounded, many of us crawl off into a quiet space and let ourselves heal.  Being a Leo is quite a powerful sign to be born under.  Leo is the Reigning queen of the zodiac and has many lessons to teach.  Leo is in charge of heart/emotion issues and the characteristics of Leo show up in one’s everyday life.  I am very much a Leo.  

Like any cat spirit, I love hugs and touch, stroking and give self-love through preening.  Indeed, ‘tis so.  I respond to such with love.  But we can be vain.  Vanity is both a blessing and a curse because we all know about ‘hairballs’ and we do not do well if we allow our vanity to name us.  

Leos are known to love as purely as a child, with no hidden agendas.  As well, we love to be playful as a child.  We love humor and laugh right to our toes when happy and joyful and having time to play.  

We are sunseekers, typically, although I cannot bear to sit out long and sunbathe.  I am drawn to sunny days and starry nights, bonfires, and always need to feel warm.
I am a passionate human being.  I rise to any occasion that calls for standing up, for rising to a challenge, to defense of self and mine.

Of course, I can be theatrical, roaring off on some pinnacle and being, at times, overly dramatic.  I love to tell a good humorous story that is, in fact, self-depreciating, and things I have done, or do, that are now wicked funny.  But I am also sensitive and my sensitivity has to be controlled because I can feel blighted, disregarded, uncared for, and emotional things can get the best of me.  I spent most of my life never crying, in fact, unable to cry because, I knew as I matured, that if I started, I might not stop.  Life was not always easy as it is these last decades and I learned to swallow my tears and lick my own wounds.

I seek to be regale, to have grace, and to be dignity itself.  I fall every short of such so it is always an ongoing learning.  I wear gold and ruby and garnet are my stones for healing and energy.  I love the Leo herbs and flowers, and have always been automatically drawn to daffodils, lavender marigold, poppies, parsley and anise.
I do have much inner strength and courage.  I have, at times, had a life where Christ cried.  And life is so much better and easier over the last decades.  I am grateful to be who I am and grateful for those who cherish me as I cherish them.  I am a proud Leo, indeed, to be at this time and space.

I can roar like a Leo or I can be a gentle as a kitten..  I am both ends of the scale and much in between.

©Carol Desjarlais 5.14.20



























No comments:

Post a Comment