Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Isolation’s Split





What a rock and roll time this has been as we try to change to fit more comfortably into this new way of living.  Sometimes, don’t you just feel like it is hard work to do this?

Pessimism is toxic in that there is only gloom and doom to be found in such an outlook.  Do things that cause you to be positive, things that uplift your spirit, those things that bring the best out in you.  Conspiracy theories simply muddy the environment you are in.  Stick to only the facts from the highest expertise and your local experts.  Not many of us are the highest experts.  We have to trust someone.  Best to trust those who are heist qualified in the field.  

It is very hard not to be overly sensitive when we know so little about this virus and there are so many who would claim to be experts when they are just those with hidden agendas.  It is hard enough not to over-think everything we hear and everything that is said to us.  Many chose to have anyone they know feel as bitter and as fearful as they are.  Do not let them put a wedge in your feelings.  Be careful what we take to heart and try to be a good human being while you do so.  It is hard.  We are stressed out…we are either angry deniers or bitter against rule-makers, or soppy sad sacks for the most part and this compounds that.  We do not need those kinds of people to judge, criticize, or put us down for how we feel.  We all have our opinions.  Sometimes we forget to be kind and to remember we are all stressed and consider whether we add to the stress or be a balm to it.  Try not to take things personally.  Easier said than done, sometimes, as I have found out, and learned a good lesson from it.  Simply get through this and keep to your values and your sensibilities as best we can.  

Many of us have inborn inherited bits of us that have always been pleasers.  This is rough right now because we might forget to stick up for what we believe, in a kind and compassionate way.  Be who you are, shadow figure at times, or not.  Be genuine.  Our ancestors were able to survive such things as fear, and here we are.  Sometimes we need to transform and this is one time when change need not be rebelled against.  This is not about our ‘feelings’, this is about life or death.  We are called to adapt.  We can overcome things.  We are female and conscious.  We can do this and not expend our concerns about our self and ours without giving in to something we just know does not feel right.  God bless the paranoid and the OCD and the germaphobes because this is going to require great reining in and healing.  Do not let others make decisions for you amidst all this in that we do not know enough about this virus and it is best not to give in to what might put us and ours at risk.

I have sense something in myself that has magnified.  I procrastinate and I am procrastinating even more this last week.  I have things I could, should, would do and I am not.  I have sputtered to near halt after giving everything the positive heave ho.  I have long been stress-driven.  I would invite people over in order to do attic to basement cleanup, even areas they would not possible go to.  I realize this is compounding and I have to make myself a list and follow it through.  Later is not an option.  Things are going to get into a rush soon and we will have people to see, places to go and other things to do.  Best I get at what needs, truly, to be done.

It is also hard not to be judgmental.  I find that strange in myself but I do see it.  I need to stay focused on SELF not others who are not of the same belief, of the same careful, as the same kind as I am.  I cannot afford to gauge what I do by others standards and vice versa.  I think we need to really channel more micro towards us and ours.  This is difficult for me because of all the other things above, right now.  

Whoa re we now?  Who were we?  Did we need to change up some things about ourselves?  Of course, we are always adapting, learning, loving and healing.  We have tenacity.  We have confidence in ourselves – we have to have, we have to believe what we are doing is worth it all, and we can shift and adapt – it is part of being human being.  We are responsible for ourselves and others and this is a time to be globally minded as well.  Therein lies the crux of problems that can hound us like baying dogs.  We have to be self-oriented and yet globally-minded.  How do we do that?  Are we who we are as an isolated being or is the isolation globally-oriented?  We know the answers, it can just be confusing as we have not been just here before.

Take care of you.  Take care of yours.  Let us keep[ Mother Earth safe.  Our Elders said it best to me:  We are here to take care of Mother Earth and each other.

Much love sister-friends in this crazy-making time.

©Carol Desjarlais 5.20.20

deli paper that I had used as a palette





freehand drawing with acrylic pen

blocking in color

I enjoy using my chalk liquids because it gives me some loose circles from the sponge-end.

I , also, use my staedtler markers












No comments:

Post a Comment