Wednesday, April 22, 2020

He has taken wing





I will not be posting or on FB for four nights.  My family and I are in mourning.  We have lsot our brother, our Medicine Man who saved my son's life and mine with his powerful spirit and knowledge of all things medicine.  He is forever part of us and we are part of him.  His passing leaves my sister, and his wonderful children without their anchor.. and we are left bereaved but know he walks to the sacred grounds.  He was a quiet beautiful man who was not proud nor was he showy.  He did so much for so many in his life.  He has raised his children in the way of the Good Red Road.  We will feel the ache of his going for the rest of our lives.  He always said anyone could heal anyone with a blade of grace if the spirit was right.

He taught me so very much.  He began my walk in the good way and I have followed his guidance diligently.  My heart will long for you and your counsel until we meet again, brother. 

My youngest son and youngest daughter will be going to their home to take offerings and for them to stand in for me, as well.  My daughter will cut their hair, as is the way to show honor when someone passes.  My son will come down from the army base, 9 hours, to be with his sister to show our love and support to the family.

My daughter was given his wife's mother's traditional name, when she was a young adult, and her name was changed from her childhood name to one of great honor.  That is how close we are.
Oh, dear brother, Eddie James BadEagle, I am so honored by you and because of you.  Take our wishes and prayers tucked closely to you to offer to those we know who have preceded you.  Your father will be so proud since he is the one who taught you and lead you in the good way.  What a loving good people you are.

And so now we walk with your teachings in our hearts and bid you safe journey, brother. Our hearts walk with you these four nights.

Much honor and great love.



No comments:

Post a Comment