Saturday, April 18, 2020

Gnoming With Art Sherpa





I love gardens with little gnomes in them.  I have never had one, but I think this is the year to get one.  How whimsical it would look.\

I decided to careen off on to another direction of creativity.  I happened on a DYI Dollar store project.


Happens I had a large gate light cover I picked up in a yard sale in Yuma.  As  happens, my Creative Muse started.  I got three dollar store mops, each 1.00 and I thought three would be enough to cover.  As well, I got a stalk of a white bulb I could use as a nose.  I have t-shirts and an idea where I could go with this... so I got my glue gun connected outside in my gazebo and off I went into this Creative land.  As well, a couple of years ago, my sister-in-law, Wendy, who passed a year ago, had sent me a Bee hat after I got stung by bees.  She was so precious and this became a way to honor her at this first anniversary of her death.

As for the painting... I soo enjoyed doing this with Art Sherpa.  



I started on the background, first.
 





I drew in the character with my White Satin marker.






Painting the beard was rhythmic.


I used a sharpie acrylic black marker to outline my character,



Blocking and Layering came next.



I added some dots and stripes and, in the end, I adore him.  



©Carol Desjarlais 4.18.20
 

 


 
 


 




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Was really fun to just follow along with the instructor, Art Sherpa, and do something mindless for a bit. Thank you.

      Delete