Sunday, August 11, 2019

Mercury









Linda Mae and I went to a wonderful workshop, as I have said, in an earlier post.  The Workshop was called "Meeting Mercury". The presenter, Alfred DePew was fabulous. He had us totally engaged.  We did some brainstorming on aspects /characteristics of Mercury in one's life.  I realized how much I DID NOT know about what I have perceived as male energy.  It has all to do with unemotional curiosity.  You know, when you people-watch and simply watch, not judge or make inner commentary.
Just a quick bit of info, for now.  

Mercury is the messenger.  It has to do with communication and expression.  It is said, when we meet someone, we first meet their Mercury character.  We are creatively expressionists, concise, or business-like.  I found this so interesting, that Mercury rules us in this way.  And, Mercury rules thought-processes, sensory information, makes sense of things according to your usual way of making sense.  

Mercury tends to take things apart then put them back together again.  Oh, who has not gone through this?  

It is Mercury who has us be inquisitive but it can also have us being indecisive and anxious.  It is what makes us seek our artistic voice, how we think, and how we formulate ideas.  It makes us thirsty for exchange of ideas and information.  Mercury rules me hard in these areas.  

As the presenter lead us through brainstorming and then refining our ideas, on paper, through drawing and then analyzing, I realized that I sense Mercury causing some chaos around me (electrical energy).  That lead me to understanding that, of course, always have, always will, create chaos to get things done.  (Think; inviting people over so I can clean like a dervish before they get here.) 

It is interesting that I see Mercury, male aspects of my character, even in the collage I have done as follow-up to the workshop.  

How does Mercury show up in your life?  Can you express how knowledge filters through your life, as you come to understand Mercury ( and yourself)  a bit better?

©Carol Desjarlais 8.11.19

No comments:

Post a Comment