Thursday, December 29, 2022

Inner Treasures And that Danged Ego

 

 


“When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.”
Stephen Richards

I do not know why we do not see ourselves as the treasures we are.  I am a rockhound as you all know, and I treasure rocks and gems like they were some of my most priceless things.  Of course, there are many many other things that I decree priceless in my life; people, places, things that mean more to me than anything.  But, why I do not, as most of us do not, view my inner sanctum of my Self as Priceless, I do not know, but seldom do we consider them so… or even consider them at all.

Things I/We should consider priceless is our peace and calm and quiet of mind.  What a blessing it is to just be spiritually at peace, spiritually calm, and spiritually quiet.  I tend to find that when I am in the throes of creativity.  As I have said before, creating is my palace and space of prayer, meditation, and a holy lack of time constrictions.  That is an Inner Treasure to me.  I timidly share and force myself to give of those sacred holy moments, through sharing my art and creations.

Another Hidden Treasure of mine is that I care about giving pleasure, joy, love, to others.  Once, one of my daughters said that she felt robbed of some of my love because I loved my teenaged troubled youth I worked with, and then she realized that I just had lots of love to give and no one got robbed of any of it.  Yes, the ability to love and care is one of my hidden treasures. 

Another Inner Treasure is my ability to have lots of energy.  Some days I have more than others.  Some times of the day, I have more than others, but I am an energetic person and I am restless if I do not keep busy.  I tend to be too overactive, though, and wear myself out because the body cannot keep up to my energy most times.  I have learned to treasure energy more as I age.

I treasure Inner Joy and Bliss and my inner sense of happiness that does not come from outward things, but from inner things like clarity, self-belief, deep inner thinking/thought that engages my intellect.  I am a lifelong learner and I thrive when I am learning something new.  It is what is impetus for this blogging that I do.  It is what leads me to my personal truths. 

What can get in the way of these things is my Ego that tricks me into trying to make other than the inner more important than it should be.  Ego fulfilments are never long lasting.  Once a desire is met, it flits off on to another desire.  My Ego wallows in fear, lack of trust, lack of self-trust.  It keeps secrets to hold against me.  It keeps me vulnerable and easily manipulated.  It tries to keep us down and gnaws away at our self-esteem, causes us to struggle, keeps us ashamed, and acts like it knows more than our very soul does.  It wants to control us.  (I have not ever been easily controlled, I thought, until I realized how I allow the Ego to control me. 

If we do not value ourselves, we discourage anyone else from valuing us.  I would be devastated if I thought people, places, things that I love would not see value in me.  I am going to work on Determination to Trust and Value Myself this next year.  That has to be one of the most worthy Inner Treasures of all.

©Carol Desjarlais 12.29.22

 

No comments:

Post a Comment