Friday, April 14, 2023

On Thriving

 

 


 

I am always in a state of thriving.  I think we all are.  We all go through things, even what might be small things, to others, that we have to get over.  I find I am constantly letting things go.  While it may seem weak to others, for me, it is my strength that I can let go in order to thrive.

Once we survive, and carry the woundings of something, we, then, have to overcome so that we can thrive.  There always seems to be something that upsets us and even an upset needs to be cared for so we can move on in spite of it.  There is such a thing as everyday woman PTSD.  Especially these last three years and now with the cost of living, life is being difficult.  Those are exterior things.  We have very much more going on in our lives.  We are female and conscious.  There seems to be a great deal more to deal with, different things than our mothers and grandmothers had to deal with. 

As I age, I do not feel like I am having to rush all the time...when I am feeling grief, safe. wounded, I turn to the moon and bathe in her light. Life seems to require that we feel vulnerable. To thrive is hard work all the time, and getting to a place beyond survival and overcoming, so we can thrive, I think, means that we know to acknowledge and move forward with scars as presents to help us weigh how healthy we are in the Present. Physically, life becomes more and more a challenge. To maintain hope and being ‘positive’ means we do not just let life happen to us. We must happen to life.

Every minute of every day we are making decisions.  We either numb feelings if we are bombarded with incidents, or we collect our wounds like woes and never do get to the beginning healing places.  We may choose to deal with it, though, and that is the most rewarding promise of healing, of surviving, of overcoming and thriving.  I tend to bunch incidents together and let them go one by one, until there is nothing left to drag me down. 

 

©Carol Desjarlais 4.13.23

 

No comments:

Post a Comment