Tuesday, August 23, 2022

May You Never Run Out

 


 

 “Since there is no scientific evidence to the contrary, it is possible that creative inspiration and abilities can be absorbed through osmosis.  Just living with art may make you more creative.  Surround yourself with as much art as will fit and you can afford.  The pleasing products of other people’s creative expression may just rub off on you.  And, at the very worst, you’ll have creatively decorated your home.” – Lynn Gordon

I do not necessarily surround myself with other people’\s art. But I have my own art up around me where I work.  I, also, buy magazines. Oh, many many magazines.  One favorite is “Cloth Paper, Scissors” and others are anything Mixed Media.  When I get stuck, I pull out an older magazine and start at the beginning and work through the inspiration that comes from each page.

Another inspiration is YouTube.  I am a real YouTube addict.  I follow links, there, to home pages, and, of course, Pinterest, and boom, there it is, the space of creativity.

I love to go to craft fairs, to gallery openings, to watch street artists ply the tools of their trade.  It never fails to inspire.  Watching friends as they work, getting a group of women together to do art journaling and being inspired by them, watching the process as an artist works at a piece.  This inspires. 

https://www.pinksparkstudio.com/art-journal-prompts-inspiration/

May you never run out of emotions and expressions, art supplies. And moments., for art journaling

©Carol Desjarlais 8.23.22

This art journal page was inspired by grief’s visit this last while.  It speaks to my dark nature and not being fully me.  It is inspired by the work of Deb Weire

 

No comments:

Post a Comment