Thursday, September 23, 2021

Walking the Walk

 


 

 

Show me, don’t tell me! 

Let resentment go; it only hurts you.  Work hard to not let doubt be an issue:   mediate and listen to your own soul about what is best.  Try hard not to feel sorry for yourself; self-pity is worse than others’ pity.  Do not let selfishness define you; when you intercede in karma, you may be seen as already having gotten it yourself and you will do it on your own all the time.  Be without reproach about your honesty; check your hidden agendas.  Life of fear of any kind inhibits you; you choose to be fearful; stay reasonable and logical, compassionate and realistic.  Be kind and loving for and to yourself so you might be authentically so with others.  Do not pray for anything just for yourself; make sure you always put others in the same request.  Every morning ask what you might do to make it worth Creator’s time to allow you one more day; Every night ask what you have done to make it worth his time keeping you safe during the night.  Ask for forgiveness of anyone who you might have offended; ask for it whether you think you were wrong at all because they might feel you were wrong; make amends. 

Gosh, this list of things may feel insurmountable like it does for me, betimes.  I need this more than any.   So many of us feel being “right” means being “good”.  It is not the same thing.  I spend a lot of time saying to myself that “I don’t have to be right, just let it be so!”  I fail, often, at trying to walk my own talk.  But, every day, I try.  This full moon has really played and preyed on me this time.  I have to work on inner bitter feelings.  I do not want to be known as a bitter person.  I do not want to be that.  It means that I need to copy this post and plant it on my morning mirror.  I have to do better, is all I know.

©Carol Desjarlais 9.23.21

 

No comments:

Post a Comment