Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Make Yourself A Promise

 

 


 

Promise

 

In this life, I have known pain.

In this life, I have known joy.

I have survived devastating heartbreak,

And I have been blessed with life saving love.

I have been bombarded with dishonesty,

But I have been faithful to the truth.

I have always been fallible and imperfect,

But I have always been worthy and enough.

And though I have traveled through darkness just as often as I have traveled in the light,

I have done my best to keep my true self in sight.

And if from my life’s journey I have gathered nothing more,

I am convinced of the importance of protecting one’s soul.

So I make this promise to myself...

I will never allow those that have caused me pain to poison my soul.

I will never allow another to make me abandon myself.

I will continue to believe in the goodness of people.

I will continue to walk in faith and to hold on strongly to hope.

Love will continue to reign inside of me.

Love will continue to be my breath.

And love is what I will continue to exhale into this world.

 

- Aura de Los Angeles @her.every.color.writingdiary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment