Friday, April 23, 2021

Carol’s Humble Art Journaling 101: Burning The Bag

 

 


 

Using paper bag as background, is a fabulous way to do some art journaling.  It is unique and looks really kewl.  I am sharing a YouTube presentation I did and it shows you more of how I did it.

 


But, I chose to do another page using the same technique for burning.  I used acrylic Color Shift to burnish the edges of the burned paper to help it stand out.

 



 

I aced at a thrift Store by getting an awesome stamp.  I really suck at stamping. 

Once I got the stamp done on the burned piece, I added an excerpt from one of my last poems.  Not just other things have flown…  once I could fly…but life is heavy now and weighs heavy on the heart that would fly if she could.

 

Once When She Could Fly

pirouettes amidst wisps of clouds
she wrote    I love you
in a thousand    thousand      languages
each one feminine    each one longing
each one dreams to pin herself to
once    when she could fly

soaring too close to Father Sun
burns your retinas    melts your wax
leaves you dripping feathers 
long strokes of drawn-down rain
streaking blue    unable to rise
shorn      flight wings plucked
by some unseen hand
once    when she could fly

soaring close to Grandmother Moon
quickens heart    cools blood
a sedation of sorts    a different kind of blue
settling on fringes of topmost limbs
on nests of fall’s cotton near night clouds
peace reigning on such silent fall-down nights
once    when she could fly

no more    an eagle’s rise
forever more    a ground eagle
clinging to twigs to keep
from being tumbled through harsh brush
losing her grip      meant a rise and desperate fall
for dreams are like that      knowing
once    she could fly

©Carol Desjarlais

©Carol Desjarlais 9.3.20

 



https://allpoetry.com/CarolDesjarlais

 

©Carol Desjarlais 4.22.21

 

No comments:

Post a Comment