Friday, May 12, 2023

Thyme and Building A Better My Relationship With Self

 

 


There have been many many ancient rituals that included thyme.  It has many uses and many influences.  One of the influences is courage and strength.  Greek soldiers used to bathe in thyme water before battle.  Some days, for us, every day is a battle to keep in balance, to be positive about ourselves, and to maintain strength in who we are, what we believe, and how we express our relationship with ourselves.

Sometimes we feel stuck, we have heartache, we feel lonely and our spirit feels broken.  Again, we need to do battle and before we do, we should use thyme all the ways possible.  You can carry a little bottle of thyme in our pocket and hold it like a talisman to gain strength and belief in self. 

Sometimes we are simply weak and afraid, and tired; too tired to battle the negativity around us; too tired to stand up for ourselves; too vulnerable.  When you feel this way, burn thyme with rosemary, carry a sprig of thyme on your person, bathe in thyme water (thyme is water energy), and even drink thyme-infused teas (it is of the mint family).

I can honestly say, for the first time in seven decades, that I love myself. I treasure who I am. I treasure all that I have become.  It has been hard won. It was not without great grief and giving and receiving great love.

I am someone I would like to know more of.

You are beloved exactly as you are by the higher-planed beings that lead, guide, and sometimes, drag us forward into becoming what will be needed in the next life.  Isn’t that an amazing thought? 

Spend today and tomorrow, both Aquarius days, thinking about what you love about your life.  Where in life are you accepted for who you are?  Do some creative work around your relationship with yourself.

©Carol Desjarlais 5.12.23

 

No comments:

Post a Comment