Monday, February 21, 2022

What Do You Think?

 

 


 

The richness of thought is huge in this time and age of having information at the tips of our fingers.  There is not a thought in our head that can be taken further by researching google or YouTube or Pinterest, ad nauseum.  We can research facts, or we can research conspiracy theories.  We can seek out negatives or positives.  I choose to seek out experts and expertise rather than armchair experts.

Why do we devalue science so?  Is it a leftover from old ways of explaining everything in natural ways, then in biblical ways?  Is science at odds with religion(s)?

There is wide disparity in knowledge of one’s world when we consider both.  Religion follows assumptions that are not observation-based nor follows reason.  Science is very much reasoning and observation that come up with facts and following that stream of thought to what are scientific fact.  Faith versus fact?

I know things, for myself, that I can research and find pros and cons to.  In religion, I think, you either believe their one and only belief or you are wrong.  Science leaves fact open for further revelations of more facts.  Religions tend to have revelations but place the founding new information in the realm of spiritual and not widely proven by back-up facts that lead to step by step new knowing.

Does Ego inform us according to its own agenda?  I think it tries.  I try not to be so ‘foot-planted right’ about whatever I think.  I adjust accordingly, most times.  But, today, I find I am more dedicated to my ‘rightness’ and I have to fight hard to allow others their own ‘rightness’.  I do a lot of grumbling.  In fat, some times I grumble more than think.

I know.  I know, way too much information.  Do we spend too little time thinking about thinking?  Has new digital information taken away from our stopping by the wayside and just sitting in thought? 

Here is one thought:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/science-and-theology/2015/08/03/77136504-19ca-11e5-bd7f-4611a60dd8e5_story.html

 

©Carol Desjarlais 2.21.22


 



No comments:

Post a Comment