Monday, February 14, 2022

Walking A Tightrope

 

 


Oh, so much restlessness and uncertainty.  We have, our elder generations and the next and the next, been through such.  Most of us elders are ‘Baby Boomers.  Yes, we had Vietnam, some of us, but that mostly affected the USA.  Yes, we had some fear factor due to the cold war and, yes, we were taught to crawl under the desk and put our arms over our heads.  What nightmares thar caused.  But we took none of these seriously.  They were not scary things here to get us.  But, this…this!  This is out to get every one of us where we live. 

The biggest problem is the divisiveness it is causing.  Everyone feels right, powerfully right.  Everyone is right in some part of their rightness. Some are conscious objectors about everything.  Some let things be as they are and keep watch.  Some live in denial and let it all wash over them.   I have my own opinion, my daughter has the exact opposite opinion, and we dare not talk about it.  Our relationship is too dear to let that happen.

We both tiptoe around it.  I hear or read something she posts that are against what I believe.  I posted a couple of things about my opinion and I am sur she quickly swiped by.  I am torn.  She has always been a girl with her head screwed on right.  She is the most compassionate one of our family.  She is an awesome daughter, mother, and friend.  And, it hurts my heart but,.,

My thirteen-year-old granddaughter wept at the momentous adventure and experience of standing up for something.  She decorated their new truck.  She felt the movement.  She was so proud and impacted.  Her first group experience having their say.  She told me about it and how much it meant to her.  What could I do?  I praised her for her beliefs and for her taking a stand.  I talked to her about we can change the world when we gather.  I never lectured or tried to turn her astounding experience into anything negative.  I am proud of her and thrilled she got to experience a rally.  I walk a tightrope.

©Carol Desjarlais 2.14.22

 

I bought a new kind of acrylic, sample series.  It is Fabulous.  The acrylic are like butter.  The pigment is high.  They are wonderful to use.  I highly recommend them.

Unlike soft acrylics, this is firm,  I choose three for my main palette. BTW, I use deli paper for my palette.  I got it in the states three years ago.  There were a thousand sheets.  I can print on them (as you will see in a day or two, as I explain how I do it.)  I can use them to print color down to warm up a page.  I use it with my students when I teach art.  I am no where near 3/4 of the thousand left.  I highly recommend it.

I was able to, easily, cover a gesso'd page in my art journal.  I had a photo of a page, from google search, to inspire me but I donot use it directly.  I may use something for inspiration but Iabsolutely make it mine.

I got awesome high quality paint on my page and it matters.  Even though it is an art journal, not a painting on canvas for selling, I think it is important to use the best you have.


I drew in a figure and, btw, notice the tightrope is not very tight.  It i droopy and thicker than I wished, but it is what it is.


I try to make a painting, in my art journal page, to go along with the blog I have written.  The baloons ar symbols.  Even in the town, you see another symbol.  As you get more and more into painting, yu begin to find ways to use extra meaning in a page.  

And, btw, Some of the art journal pages have room for art journaling.  For much of the book, I leva the opposite page for adding writing too, or adding copy of my blog printed out and attached.



No comments:

Post a Comment