Thursday, December 19, 2019

A Cat Can Be A Christmas Catastrophe





" ...possibly the only animal that thrives on being teased and frustrated, cats, the ad cleverly captures the explosive feline joy that can be ignited only through the destruction of every object of value in sight. Especially if it moves like it’s alive. Moving objects are just asking for it." - Robby Berman

Some quick easy strokes and I think I have a whimsical cat.  I am sure I could do a great deal more to it, but I am not.  The more I muddle the more I make a bigger mess.

My biggest challenge with this painting, was drawing to main outline of the cat.  Once I had that done, I had the direction to begin.  A few quick loose strokes with slurpy paintbrush loaded with acrylics, can, sometimes, look better than the finished product.

 Getting in and doing some detail becomes tedious and mistakes are made, redone and redone again, until it becomes somewhat pleasing to a partially-perfectionist's view. To give the Christmas feel to the page, I added clipped images from serviettes.  

©Carol Desjarlais 12.19.19

No comments:

Post a Comment