Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Journal On Finding Self









“Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be.”
Jennifer Elisabeth, Born Ready: Unleash Your Inner Dream Girl

Once we realize we have been drifting through life like a log in a swollen river, we draw up our tail fins, like we did once, millenniums ago, and stand up on good solid ground.  We are not, nor ever have been helpless.  We need excitement.  We need to be challenged.  We need to step outside our routine.   We need to live our own life, but not just any life:  a life full of charity for others; a life full of validation; a life full of independence for as long as we can.  We need to be on a path of truth.  We need to be in our happy place more than our sad or stressed or fearful place.  

Who are we?  What else is there for us to do?  How do we maintain, or regain, our self-confidence.  I always said that, if I won a million dollars, (while I was still working), that I loved my career so much that I would still keep working.  Now, I am retired and if I had a million dollars, I would build an art studio and buy every bit of art fodder I wanted.  It took getting through University, getting through my career, to finally find out, just even a bit, who I am, was, will be.  What makes us happy is who we are.

It is interesting, ok, mind-blowing to realize I came from "You made your bed, no lie in it" to being free to be me.  Some of us have gone through amazing struggles to be.  Knowing what comes next, in our search for identity, can never be explicit.  It is then that we need to look at our core values and see what good we are to the world, never mind the struggle to be good to ourselves.  Sometimes life is like a huge 'Who Dunnit" mystery with all the characters implied.  The future surely is the same.  We do not know what might change us a few moments from now.  We do not know what will deepen our soul, for sure.  And, in the end, that is all we are, Soul!  Our Past Self (s) are only some bits of who we will become.  

I know that a huge part that I have carried on through my life timeline is all about Love and its many aspects.  Love is what I will carry forward no matter what lifetime.  As you consider what a main theme in your life has been, can you express that in an art journal page?  Yes, you can.

©Carol Desjarlais 9.10.19

2 comments:

  1. I remain a fart in a colendor looking for a hole to get out.
    I will just get through this day and hope there is more tomorrow. This is so new, being alone and old. What I used in the past has left me.Perhaps I will find another {thing} Lolol I have laid in that bed a lot. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, this is a new landscape for all of us. You have made a huge change and you are acing it.. you are still there and still thriving and seeking your path. You are far ahead of many of us. I love you. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete